Families Together will be hosting this presentation at the Centers for Disabilities and Human Development in Moscow at 1187 Alturas Drive…come and join this LIVE streaming presentation!
Families Together was founded in 1986 in Pullman, Washington by parents, siblings and professionals to provide families with support and information using the Family Enrichment Weekend model. The Family Enrichment Weekend is a unique model that uses a combination of recreation, education, and performance to provide families with an exciting family experience that is filled with laughter, learning, and love.
Families Together is a nonprofit organization that believes family involvement and support are essential for individuals with disabilities to reach their potential and maintain a life that is secure and meaningful. Families Together’s programs are designed to build and sustain strong, healthy, informed, and actively involved family members who can work together to improve the lifelong outcomes for their child or sibling with a disability.
- Family learning and recreation will benefit all family members and strengthen family unity.
- Full participation of individuals with disabilities enriches all families and communities.
- People with disabilities need involved family members to advocate and support them to live, work, and fully participate in their community.
- Non-disabled siblings need support and information to assist them in advocating and supporting their brother or sister with a disability as children and as adults.
- Families need ongoing information and training in advocating for high quality education and career training opportunities.
- Providing families with resources and supports that build and maintain strong, healthy, informed, and actively involved family members who can work together to improve the life-long outcomes for their child or their sibling with a disability.
Families Together had a great time leading the Mardi Gras parade in Moscow!